Real Estate and Construction Update
Check out what is new down below and if you know anybody looking to buy or sell a home, invest in real estate, or has any questions at all, let me know and I can help them get started.
Marketing & Business Development
C: (435) 668-7293
· St. George:
- RUMOR OF THE MONTH: After hearing many times that Zupas will not consider St. George, there is a very good source that is saying there is a possibility. Nothing confirmed yet but very high potential. I’ll definitely keep posted on this one.
- Hash House a Go Go- In my opinion, the most exciting news of all!! This restaurant is going in the old Bucca building in front of the mall and is not only great news for the mall, but St. George itself. I am beyond excited for it to open. Should be in the next few months! Check out their menu here https://www.hashhouseagogo.com/
- Ventana Ridge- more BIG news in Little Valley. There is dirt being moved to begin a big commercial complex/residential subdivision on the corner of River Rd. and 2450 South. There isn’t much information on it at this point but will be big for that area!
- Exit 2- Kenworth Truck Sales has officially broken ground on their 21,000 square ft facility just down from Paparazzi by Desert Color. Read here for more info http://stgnews.com/news/archive/2018/07/23/prc-kenworth-sales-breaks-ground-for-new-st-george-location/#.W1i6mNJKiUm
- Findlay Subaru- now open off exit 6!
- Tea Thyme Gift and Boutique- coming soon to Bluff St. in the building next to Kneaders.
- Dinosaur Crossing- Pandra Express is now under construction in front of Ace and should be open in the next few months.
- Dinosaur Crossing- Verizon is now open!
- Riverfront Medical Center- Fusion Pharmacy is on it’s way and will be open soon. Should be complete sometime this month.
- Riverfront Medical Center- Dermatology Clinic of Southern Utah. Currently under construction and should be complete sometime this month as well.
- HuHot Mongolian Grill is now open and I’ve heard it was AWESOME.
- Blackhawk Townhomes at Tonaquint- currently under construction and will be the same layout as the Blackhawk Townhomes out in Santa Clara.
- Black Bear Diner is now open off exit 13!
- HUGE news for exit 10! Pennebridge Lodging bought 2 hotel pads behind the Chevron and work has began. The first hotel is a Springhill Marriott and the plans are in the city now. The second hotel will also be a Marriott, but it’s undetermined which one exactly. Along with these will come more retail around it so stay tuned for the updates on this new exciting development!
- Warner Valley Reservoir- Some news recently came out about the progress of this project that would bring the largest reservoir built to date in Washington County out in Warner Valley. It is still a few years away from happening but nonetheless an exciting new update! Read here for more info http://www.wcwcd.org/projects/warner-valley-reservoir/
St. George area
Exit 2 (Sun River):
- Desert Color- A big shopping complex along with a sports complex, hotels, and 11,000 homes are on their way just off exit 2 as you come into town. Big Shots Golf Center (a mini Top Golf) was approved and will begin construction sometime this year. Paparazzi Accessories is building a new facility and dirt is currently under construction. Dirt is being moved for residential and commercial spaces and we should be hearing more soon. For more details, give me a call.
- Kenworth Truck Sales Company- there was a ground breaking ceremony held last month and construction should begin soon!
- Hampton Inn- 5 story, 120 room hotel. Now open!
- Terrible’s Herbst gas station- now under construction next to the Hampton Inn.
- New Utah Visitor Information Center
Exit 4 (Bloomington):
- Desert Hills Plaza- KB Express is now open and there are 5 new businesses confirmed that will begin filling in soon! Port of Subs, Tropical Smoothie, Little Caesars, Great Harvest, and Desert Hills Pet Hospital. Stay tuned for more!
Exit 6 (Bluff St.):
- Commerce Pointe- the newest development being created in town is now underway! Exit 6 will be getting a big retail development across from Black Bear Diner and McDonalds, and a Maverik is now open on the corner!
- My Place Suites- now open! Located at 1644 S. 270 E. in St. George behind Culver’s.
- Staybridge Hotel- under construction across from Furniture Row.
- Tru by Hilton- under construction across from Furniture Row also.
- Findlay car dealership- under construction.
- Guadalajara Grill- new upscale Mexican restaurant going into the old players building. Scheduled to open soon! https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thespectrum.com/amp/873067001
- Riverfront Medical Center- On Riverside Dr behind Cox Landing. Construction end date is projected for July 1st, and most of the building is already full. Desert Pain, St George Orthopedic Spine, and FIT Physical Therapy are a few of the businesses that will be going in. More to come soon!
- Official Strength and Athletics- now open! Personal and athletic training for kids/adults of all ages. Located in the building kiddie corner from Culver’s. More info here www.officialstrength.com
- Summit Athletic Club- they have taken over Cubex on Bluff St. and turned it into another location. It is now open!
- Tech Ridge- Dixie Tech School is finished and open. Busy Busy, Printer Logic, and Zonos are the 3 local tech companies leading the way with the city and will be the first companies up on the hill. There are rumors that there is a growing list of interested companies will follow suit. The first building is scheduled to be done in the spring of next year. As I get more information, I will continue to update as this is the absolute most exciting project for Southern Utah. http://www.thespectrum.com/story/news/2018/02/03/st-george-strikes-deal-tech-ridge/300797002/
- City View downtown development- officially broken ground! The first mixed-used retail/apartment complex and underground parking garage will be finished by late fall/early winter this year and then the second complex along with “The Advenire” hotel is slated to finish in the spring of 2019. More info here http://stgeorgenews.com/news/archive/2017/12/22/mgk-40-million-city-view-project-breaks-ground-in-heart-of-st-george/#.Wj2vFm5lCEc
- Joule Plaza- new development across the courthouse will feature 197 luxury apartments and 19,000 sq ft of retail/office space. Ground work is being done and it will be finished in 2019.
- Green Gate Village- This plaza has been completely revived and it is such a cool downtown spot. Scout Cloth, Chef Alfredo, Twisted Silver, The Barber, Cosy House and Gift and My Little Moon are in business and you can find the Virgin Berri food truck parked there most days as well.
- Sunset Blvd/Bluff St project- Bluff Street Corridor project schedule, map, and video of what it will look like. Buildings have already been bulldozed and is scheduled to start construction this winter and finish in winter of 2018- http://www.udot.utah.gov/bluffst/map-schedule
- Café Sabor- 290 E. St. George Blvd (where Wagon Wheel used to be). OPEN.
- Food Truck Park- this is in the works of becoming a reality that would be a BIG addition to downtown St. George http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2018/03/11/jcw-city-mulls-putting-food-truck-park-in-place-of-decrepit-homes-next-to-st-george-library/#.WqXEum5MGEc
- Vernon Worthern Park- renovation is complete. Go check out the new toys at the park!
- Red Rock Auto Sales- next to 3 Amigos Market on Bluff St. Dirt is being moved and construction will begin soon.
- Morty’s Café- under construction on the corner of St. George Blvd. and 700 E. where the Maverick used to be. Will be completed this summer.
- Blue Butterfly House- now open at 166 N. 300 W. in downtown St. George. This is a facility where parents required to have supervised visits, but whose cases aren’t handled by the state, can spend quality time with their children. For more info click on this link https://www.bluebutterflyhouse.org/
- Short Creek Bakery- now open at 799 E. Tabernacle St.
- Jones Paint & Glass- new building on the corner of Tabernacle and 500 E. Under construction now.
- MRW Design Associates- new location on 100 S. behind Bicycles Unlimited next to Wells Fargo. Under construction now.
- Jamba Juice- OPEN in front of Lowe’s.
- Pieology- OPEN and it is absolutely worth the long line!
- Target- remodel is now finished!
- Hospital- the $300 million extension is under construction and will be finished soon.
- Oral & Facial Surgery Institute- they are building a new office just off River Rd. on Riverside Dr. just west of the Post Office. Dirt is being moved and construction will begin soon.
Boulder Creek Crossing: Intersection of River Rd. and 1450 S by Summit
- Popeyes- OPEN
- Stephen Henager’s College- under construction
- People’s Town and Country Bank- In permitting process
- Lots more good work is in the process and should have some exciting news soon!
Foothills Plaza: corner of S. River Rd and 2330 S.
- Fiiz Drinks
- Crimson Pharmacy
- Hustle Sports Nutrition
- My Wireless Doctor
- Corner Urgent Care
Crimson Corner: corner of 3000 E. and Crimson Ridge Dr. in Little Valley
- Retail complex that has 8 retail spaces. Dirt is being moved and construction will begin soon. A café and a bakery have already signed, with more in the works.
- A park will go in across street with soccer fields, basketball and sand volleyball courts, and a playground. Should go under construction this summer.
Dinosaur Crossing: Intersection of Riverside Dr. and Mall Dr
- Beans & Brews- now open
- Orange Peel- now open
- Stone Canyon Eye Care- Now open.
- ACE Hardware- now open.
- Kneaders- now open.
- Chronic Tacos- signs are up but no interior construction happening yet. Check out their menu here http://www.chronictacos.com/
- Rodworks Unique Home Décor- now open.
- Verizon- now open.
- Dino Dash Car Wash- under construction
- Pandra Express- now open
Promenade at Red Cliffs: Red Cliffs Dr.
- Love your bath & body- new store next to Durangos. They have bath bombs, bath salts, lotions, candles, and pretty much anything else that women love
- Pho Vietnamese Restaurant- currently under construction next to Durangos.
Shoppes at Zions: Red Cliffs Dr
- HuHot Mongolian Grill- now open!
Red Cliffs Mall:
- H&M- Construction is underway and they are scheduled to open this fall.
- Hash House a Go Go- HUGE news for the mall. They are going in the old Bucca building in front of the mall and should be open in the next few months!
- Roxberry Juice- Now open next to Costa Vida on the corner of Bluff St. and Sunset Blvd. Check out their menu here https://roxberryjuice.com/
- 700 degrees pizza- OPEN.
- Jazzy Javas is back! The new location is at 1812 W. Sunset Blvd. next to Dubs BBQ.
- Mountain bike park is finally on its way. 60 acres across from Snow Canyon High, in the Sand Hollow wash, will turn into jumps and tracks. This will be huge for the mountain biking community. http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2017/11/16/mgk-20-acres-of-biking-bliss-complete-with-jumps-tracks-and-flows-should-start-taking-shape-in-the-new-year/#.Wg9yVcanGUl
- Verizon store- under construction on sunset blvd next to Tag N Go
Washington City area
- 2 Marriott hotels- going in behind the Chevron in front of Green Springs and will be HUGE for Washington. Dirt is being moved for the first one and more news is on the way.
- Crumbl Cookies- AMAZING cookies and they deliver until midnight. Just opened behind Texas Roadhouse next to Hobby Town and Whole Juice Café. Check out their menu here https://crumblcookies.com/
- Splash City Adventure Park- sign is up! Here is a link to see what it’s supposed to look like https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/water-park-a1.jpg
- Taco Bell- on Red Cliffs Dr. down from Stadium 10. Now open!
- Pine View 10 Plaza- a new retail building with 2 spaces. T-Mobile and Brent’s Pharmacy are now open!
- Whole Juice Café- new restaurant open in the strip mall behind Texas Roadhouse, next to Subway at 2654 E. Red Cliffs Dr. #B. They also just put a shop in the main Summit Location off River rd. More info available here https://ordering.chownow.com/order/8479/locations?add_cn_ordering_class=true
- Flavor of Seoul- Korean restaurant now open. It is located at 568 W. Telegraph Rd #8 in Washington.
- Tag N’ Go Car Wash- in the works of putting another location that will be right across from Costco. No start time has been determined yet, but will be happening soon.
- Sienna Hills Commercial complex- Black Bear Diner is now open and a new Terrible’s gas station just broke ground. Construction should begin soon.
- Grapevine Crossing- new commercial retail complex in the works off exit 13 across the roundabout from Maverick. There hasn’t been any movement yet but there will be in the near future. It will be an “experience” type complex combining activities and businesses for an all-in-one place for families. There will be an amphitheater, park, and museum along with retail shops and restaurants. There is space for 7 sit-down restaurants and 7 drive-thrus, along with 137 tenant spaces. Names can’t be disclosed yet but there are talks in progress of a grocery store that will anchor this development. More will be known in the next few months.
- Northern Corridor proposal- A road going from exit 13 to the backside of Red Hills Parkway has been proposed that will be a big addition for the infrastructure of St George. More info here https://www.thespectrum.com/story/news/2018/03/26/utah-northern-corridor-red-cliffs-desert-reserve-washington-county/459062002/
- Mountain America Credit Union- now open!
- Simister Ortho and Riverside Dental- currently under construction and should be complete by the end of the year.
- The Fields at Mall Dr. commercial plaza- A new professional commercial plaza will be underway in the near future. It is directly north of Lin’s out in the fields. Stay tuned for updates!
- Crimson Intermediate, Middle School, and High School- under construction. Middle school and Intermediate schools will open fall of 2018, high school fall of 2019.
- “Long Valley” area- annexation proposal has been approved by the City Council. This would add 1,524 acres into the city. More info here. http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2018/04/12/mgk-washington-city-approves-annexation-proposal-for-long-valley-area/
Santa Clara/Ivins area
Harmon’s Complex on Rachel Dr:
- Café Rio- part of the new Harmon’s complex in Santa Clara. Now open!
- Capriotti’s sandwich store and the Pet Shop- expected to submit their plans soon.
- Mountain America Credit Union- now open.
- new 5 star resort going in next to Tuacahn. More info here http://www.sentierreresorts.com/index.php
Kayenta Center for the Arts:
- state-of-the-art facility located in Kayenta Village is now OPEN and will present plays, musicals, dance programs, concerts, visual arts exhibitions, lectures, and other events. More info available here kayentaarts.com
New interactive parks:
- Water Park: http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2018/03/16/srr-new-interactive-park-water-feature-coming-to-santa-clara/
- 52 acre park in Santa clara Hills- has been proposed that will include a disc golf course, climbing boulders, and a bike pump track, trails and more.
Hurricane/La Verkin/Toquerville area
- LA Quinta Inn & Suites- right before you turn up the hill to go to Zion in La Verkin. Now open!
- Copper Rock Golf Course in Hurricane- on schedule to finish sometime in 2018.
- Clarion Inn & Suites- along the Highway right before the dip into Hurricane. Now open!
- Wyndham hotel- will be going under construction south of the Farmers Market in La Verkin
- Comfort Inn & Suites- under construction on the corner of State St. and 2600 W, and will be finished by the beginning of 2019.
- The Haven at Sky Mountain- Assisted Living and Memory Care Community under construction directly behind the new Clarion Inn & Suites on State St. Scheduled to be finished in spring of next year.
- Cliff Rose Lodge & Gardens- currently being renovated into a 4 diamond resort that will feature upgrades to all the rooms, new suites, a spa, and a bigger restaurant. It’ll be the first 4 diamond resort in Springdale.
- Best Western- now open!
- Marriott hotel- underway in Virgin with more development out there coming soon.
Dixie State University
- Innovation Plaza- SO many amazing things happening at DSU in Innovation, Business, Technology, and Science. They have acquired the East Elementary campus and are turning it into an Innovation Plaza that will feature many significant resources that will help not only students, but people in the community as well. It is currently under renovation and they are hoping to have a grand opening this fall. For more info, contact me.
- Student housing on 100 S. is complete and now in use.
- More student housing is being built on the corner of 700 E. and 100 S. Should be completed by the next school year.
- 155,000 sq. ft. Human Performance Center- construction is underway. http://www.thespectrum.com/story/news/2017/08/10/large-new-dsu-health-facilitys-building-plans-set/557060001/?hootPostID=9e99ccde88293f3ac19e2384c831c883
- There has been a new underpass proposed that would help with the student traffic at the college tremendously. The tunnel would be beneath I-15 at about 400 South. This would allow students that live on the east side of the freeway to cross over without having to jam up 100 South and 700 South. http://www.thespectrum.com/story/news/2018/02/06/15-underpass-near-dixie-state-proposed/311997002/
New multi-family apartments and townhomes complexes:
- Gray Hawk Apartment Complex- 240 units in Washington Fields behind the new Smith’s. Construction is under way. More info at live-grayhawk.com
- Legacy Ridge Apartments- now open! They allow dogs and will have their own dog park.
- Fossil Hills Townhome Community- townhome complex underway on South River Road just over the bridge from the Knolls/Little Valley next to the Dixie Power station. Under construction.
- Blackhawk Townhomes- Luxury complex in Santa Clara that is in the process of being built out. More info available here http://www.blackhawktownhomessc.com/
- Red Mountain Vistas- another luxury townhome complex down the street from Blackhawk Townhomes that will break ground in the next few months.
Residential Building Report
We have had 1377 residential building permits for apartments & condos, duplexes & townhomes, and single family homes pulled so far this year. We have a large number of lots being developed right now so we should be seeing more and more come available the next few months. Here is what was recorded last month!
New residential subdivisions recorded last month:
- Cobblestone Ph 2
- Tava Resort at Sand Hollow Ph 1
- Vineyard Ridge Ph 1
- Riverwoods Mill
- Peregrine Pointe Ph 3
- Ledges of St George White Rocks Ph 6
- White Sands Ph 2
- Bloomington Vacation Villas Ph 1
If you’d like a plat map or any other information for any of these new developments, please let me know!
ABOUT EAGLE GATE TITLE
We strive to protect your investment by keeping up on the latest technology and trends, retaining a knowledge of the real estate laws and codes, and by making sure all of our title and closing officers are properly licensed and trained.
Copyright © 2017 Eagle Gate Title Insurance Agency, Inc, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
229 East St. George Blvd #200
St. George, UT 84770