Fall is here and man it feels GOOD outside! This is the time of year that really makes Southern Utah the place to be. There are a couple new exciting happenings going on so check out what is new and if you know anybody looking to buy or sell a home, invest in real estate, or has any questions at all, let me know and I can help them get started.
Marketing & Business Development
C: (435) 668-7293
- Clarion Inn & Suites- along the Highway right before the dip into Hurricane. Under construction now.
- Angelica’s Mexican Restaurant- now OPEN at 101 E. St. George Blvd.
- Jamba Juice- Signs are up but I don’t have a confirmation yet of when it will open. It is going to be in the Lowes parking lot next to Simply Mac.
- Hyatt Hotel- OPEN on October 4th
- ACE Hardware at Dinosaur Crossing is about to go under construction. Opening target date is March/April of 2018.
- Gray Hawk Apartment Complex- Construction is now under way behind the new Smith’s. More info at live-grayhawk.com
- Legacy Ridge Apartments- Under construction. Next to Rebel Creek off Foremaster and Riverside Dr.
- Popeyes Chicken is now under construction on River Rd! I don’t have a timeline yet but it is on it’s way.
- Commercial: There is A LOT going on right now with new construction of businesses as well as remodels of older ones. Here is a list of what you can expect to see in the next few months.
- City View downtown St. George development- 60 room boutique hotel, 100+ apartment units, retail, underground parking. In negotiating process.
- Closet Revival- new location now OPEN at 75 N. Main St. next to Bear Paw. More info available here https://closetrevival.com/
Sunset Blvd/Bluff St.:
- Bluff Street Corridor project schedule, map, and video of what it will look like. Buildings have already been bulldozed and is scheduled to start construction this winter and finish in winter of 2018- http://www.udot.utah.gov/bluffst/map-schedule
- Boulder Creek Crossing: Intersection of River Rd. and 1450 S (by Summit Athletic Club)
- Tag-n-go Car Wash- now OPEN
- Stephen Henager’s College- In permitting process
- Pepper’s Cantina- In permitting process
- 700 Degrees Pizza- In permitting process
- Popeyes Chicken- under construction
- First Colony Mortgage office- In permitting process
- Pop Shop Drinks- In permitting process
Not confirmed but in talks:
- Big grocery store (like a Whole Foods)
- Wall Greens/CVS- most likely wall greens but not confirmed
- 2 Insurance groups, financial investment group
- Bike store
- Running center
- Copy center
- Fiiz Drinks- OPEN
- Dominoes- OPEN
- Crimson Pharmacy- OPEN
- Hustle Sports Nutrition- OPEN
- Dinosaur Crossing: Intersection of Riverside Dr. and Mall Dr.
- Smith’s Grocery Store- now OPEN.
- Great Clips- now OPEN.
- Kneaders, Bahama Bucks, Beans & Brews and Ace Hardware are all confirmed. Construction is under way.
- Riverside Dr:
- Riverfront Medical Center- Riverside Dr. behind Cox Landing. Dirt is being moved and construction is underway.
- Assisted living home- construction is underway. Next to the Ence subdivision at the end of Foremaster around the bend.
- Lube center and tunnel car wash- West of the Maverick. Not confirmed who yet, but are in talks.
- Dinosaur Professional Park plat map recorded which means something is in the works there. It is located on Riverside Dr. just east of the Dinosaur museum.
- Hospital: the $300 million extension is under construction and will be finished toward the end of this summer, early fall.
Dixie State University:
- Student housing on 100 S. under construction and almost completed. Should be ready for 2018 Spring semester.
- Existing buildings on the corner of 700 E. and 100 S. have been cleared and student housing will begin construction there soon that will be finished for the 2018 Fall Semester.
- 155,000 sq. ft. Human Performance Center to break ground in October at DSU. http://www.thespectrum.com/story/news/2017/08/10/large-new-dsu-health-facilitys-building-plans-set/557060001/?hootPostID=9e99ccde88293f3ac19e2384c831c883
- Tech Ridge (old airport hill):
- Dixie Applied Technology College- under construction.
- 1450 Hilton Dr:
- Magelby’s- inside the Crystal Inn Hotel. Now OPEN.
- St. George Blvd:
- Brent’s Flooring- now OPEN.
- Angelica’s restaurant- 101 E. St. George Blvd. Now OPEN.
- Café Sabor- 290 E. St. George Blvd (where Wagon Wheel used to be). Currently under construction. Hoping for this month or next to be open, but no date has been determined yet.
- South Main Street:
- Dairy Queen- now OPEN.
- Sunland Dr and 400 E: (exit 5)
- Neilsen RV dealership- right next to Furniture Row along I-15. 22,000 sq. ft. facility, now OPEN.
- Bloomington exit 4:
- New Dixie Power building- now OPEN.
- Baskin Robbins- now OPEN.
- Retail shopping center next to Wal Mart in Bloomington. No confirmed tenants at this point, but it is in process.
- 200 E. 600 S: (1 block south of the temple)
- St. George Family History Center- now OPEN.
- 1819 S. 20 E. (right behind Convention Center):
- Hyatt Place Hotel- OPENING as of October 4th
- My Place hotel will be going under construction soon right behind the Culver’s restaurant down by the Convention Center.
- Red Cliffs Dr:
- Waffle Love now has a store! With an even bigger menu. It’s located at 231 Red Cliffs Dr. #102 right next to Chipotle.
- 700 S.:
- Harmons fuel station- unfortunately Chef Alfredos restaurant has been taken down but Harmons will be putting in a fuel station in its place.
- 3050 E. (across from Costco):
- Marine United- new location being built across the street from Costco and Pine View High school.
- Exit 2 (Sun River):
- Kenworth Truck Sales Company- Land is purchased for a new 20,000 square ft. sales, parts, and service facility. No start date confirmed.
- Hampton Inn- 5 story, 120 room hotel. Under construction, expected to be open by the end of 2017.
- New Utah Visitor Information Center- no start date confirmed but plan to be finished by the end of 2017.
- Over 3,000 acres will be developed into 10,000 homes, a commercial center, sports facility, and more will be developed over time. Land is purchased, and plans are underway. Here is a link to the article http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2017/04/14/mgk-officials-hear-plans-for-massive-development-at-citys-southern-end/#.WQje_9LyuUl
- Sunset Blvd:
- New Sakura location. In permitting process.
- Moss & Timber Living Gifts and Home Décor- now OPEN. More info available here
- Jazzy Javas is back! The new location is at 1812 W. Sunset Blvd. next to Dubs BBQ.
- Red Rock Commons:
- Shubie Surf- next to The Learning Express. Open now.
- Washington City
- Red Cliffs Plaza- Starbucks, Sleep Number, and AT&T store are all OPEN.
- Taco Bell- on Red Cliffs Dr. down from Stadium 10. In permitting process, but no start date confirmed.
- New 15 acre development where St. George and Redlands RV Parks are currently along 1-15.
- Large hotel along with a bunch of businesses surrounding it behind the Chevron in front of Green Springs. In permitting process, but no start date confirmed.
- 4 Seasons Auto Sales- Red Cliffs Parkway across the freeway from the mall. OPEN.
- RAM Company broke ground on an $11 million dollar expansion for their facility that will add 75,000 square feet. They were recruited by other cities to move their location of out Southern Utah but declined because they wanted to stay here. Big news for the growth of Southern Utah. Here is the link http://stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2017/06/06/jla-ram-company-builds-for-spacex-breaks-ground-on-11-million-expansion/#.WThUqGjyuUl
- Pine View 10 Plaza- a new retail building with 2 spaces. T-Mobile and Brent’s Pharmacy confirmed.
- Large hotel right off the exit. In permitting process, but no start date confirmed.
- Black Bear Diner. Approved for construction, no completion date confirmed.
- Autumn Assisted Living- 548 N 1100 E. Under construction.
- 3284 Deseret Dr:
- Official Strength and Athletics new location now OPEN- personal and athletic training for kids/adults of all ages. Located the industrial area south of Costco. More info here www.officialstrength.com
- Little Caesars- part of the new Harmon’s in Santa Clara. In permitting process.
- Café Rio- part of the new Harmon’s in Santa Clara. In permitting process.
- The Difiore Center for Arts and Education. Under construction.
- Santa Clara expansion of 1,700 acres for residential and commercial development is one step closer to becoming reality. http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2017/08/09/jcw-santa-clara-planning-commission-recommends-development-of-approximately-1700-acres-in-south-hills/#.WYto7YjyuUl
- Sentierre Resort- http://www.sentierreresorts.com/index.php
- Rocky Vista University College of Osteophathic Medicine- now OPEN.
- Harts Gas Station- near Entrada. In permitting process.
- Wingate Hotel- now OPEN.
- Copper Rock Golf Course in Hurricane- on schedule to finish by April 2017
- La Verkin:
101 E 500 N:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites- now OPEN.
- Burger King 1185 S. Main St.- finished
- Burger King 975 W. Red Cliffs Dr.- finished
- Wendy’s 1838 W. Sunset Blvd.- finished
- Pizza Hut 932 S. Bluff St.- finished
- Taco Time- 1821 Brigham Rd.- currently under construction
- Townhome/Apartment complexes:
- Gray Hawk Apartment Complex- 240 units in Washington Fields behind the new Smith’s. Construction is under way. More info at live-grayhawk.com
- Fossil Hills Townhome Community- townhome complex underway on South River Road just over the bridge from the Knolls/Little Valley next to the Dixie Power station. Plat is recorded and construction is underway.
- Available Commercial Space:
- 321 W. Tabernacle St.: 1,500 sq ft undeveloped office space. In the same building as Precision Hearing.
With 1449 construction permits pulled so far on the year, there are new subdivisions being developed every month. Here is what was recorded in the month of September, including commercial developments.
New subdivisions recorded in September (residential and commercial):
- Desert Heights Ph 3 & 4
- Arbors Ph 4 & 5
- Desert Valley Ph 2
- Indigo Trails Ph 1-B
- Entrada at Snow Canyon Chaco West Ph 4C
Amended subdivisions recorded in September (residential and commercial):
- Estates at Green Spring 2nd AMD
- Crestview 3 2nd AMD
Keepers of the Children Bike Rally- Bikers Against Child Abuse is hosting a fundraiser with all proceeds going towards the help of abused children. It is October 13-14th at the Virgin River Casino in Mesquite. The first day will be a meet & greet, and the second day there will be an awareness ride at 8 am, bike games all day, cash prizes, music, vendors, bike show, and if you donate $10 you’ll be entered in to win a 2016 HD Street Bob Bike.
- Precision Hearing Monday Movie Matinee: Electric Theater every Monday at 1:00 PM. FREE! More info available here https://www.facebook.com/PrecisionHearingMatinee/
- St. George Marathon: October 7th go cheer people along, volunteer, or watch friends cross the finish line at Vernon Worthen Park
- Pumpkin Carving at the St. George Art Museum- Friday Oct. 27th 10-5 PM at 47 E. 200 N. in St. George. And a Halloween Boo Ball Saturday the 28th from 7-11 PM. For more info contact Deborah Reeder at Deborah.firstname.lastname@example.org
- RRCI Empowering People with Disabilities celebrates 20th Anniversary: Tuesday Oct 3rd from 4-6 PM at Cotton Cove Park. There will be a short program and then bounce house, cotton candy, hot dogs, and games for the kids. For more info email email@example.com
- Shrek the Musical, Mamma Mia, and Newsies playing at Tuacahn throughout the month. More info available here https://www.tuacahn.org/online/
- Downtown Farmers Market: Ancestor Square every Saturday from 8-12. More info available here http://www.farmersmarketdowntown.com/
- Tuacahn Saturday Market: every Saturday from 9-1. More info available here https://www.tuacahn.org/online/default.asp?doWork::WScontent::loadArticle=Load&BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::article_id=5FF2B477-CE0C-4B62-B0A7-076BD7273A8D&brandingName=TCA
- Sand Hollow Resort events: Live music and entertainment every Friday and Saturday night. More info available here http://www.thedesertpulse.com/sand-hollow-resort-announces-partnership-with-the-desert-pulse-to-present-live-music-and-entertainment/
ABOUT EAGLE GATE TITLE
We strive to protect your investment by keeping up on the latest technology and trends, retaining a knowledge of the real estate laws and codes, and by making sure all of our title and closing officers are properly licensed and trained.
Copyright © 2017 Eagle Gate Title Insurance Agency, Inc, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
229 East St. George Blvd #200
St. George, UT 84770