School is officially back which means routines are back to normal and the crazy summer is behind us. Cooler weather is right around the corner and I couldn’t be more excited. As for real estate, it’s still moving! And there are plenty more projects coming down the pipe that you’ll see below. The biggest project will be the Bluff Street corridor transformation. There’s a link below to the video that shows what exactly will happen. Big changes to keep the possibility of growth alive here in Southern Utah! Check out what is new and if you know anybody looking to buy or sell a home, invest in real estate, or has any questions at all, let me know and I can help them get started.
Marketing & Business Development
C: (435) 668-7293
- Bluff Street Corridor (STG Blvd. to Sunset Blvd.) project schedule, map, and video of what it will look like. Buildings have already been bulldozed and is scheduled to start construction this winter and finish in winter of 2018- http://www.udot.utah.gov/bluffst/map-schedule
- 700 E. and 100 S. corner by Cameo Florist- If you’ve driven by recently you’ve noticed that the entire complex right there is bulldozed. Student housing will begin construction there soon.
- Jazzy Javas is back! The new location is at 1812 W. Sunset Blvd. next to Dubs BBQ.
- Waffle Love now has a store! With an even bigger menu. It’s located at 231 Red Cliffs Dr. #102 right next to Chipotle.
- Another hotel! My Place hotel will be going under construction soon right behind the Culver’s restaurant down by the Convention Center.
- Bean & Brews- will be going in at the Dinosaur Crossing complex where the new Smith’s is. Construction is under way.
- Great Clips- also will be going in at Dinosaur Crossing. Construction is under way.
- Marine United- new location being built across the street from Costco and Pine View High school.
- Dinosaur Professional Park plat map recorded which means something is in the works there. It is located on Riverside Dr. just east of the Dinosaur museum.
- Santa Clara expansion of 1,700 acres for residential and commercial development is one step closer to becoming reality. http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2017/08/09/jcw-santa-clara-planning-commission-recommends-development-of-approximately-1700-acres-in-south-hills/#.WYto7YjyuUl
- 155,000 sq. ft. Human Performance Center to break ground in October at DSU. http://www.thespectrum.com/story/news/2017/08/10/large-new-dsu-health-facilitys-building-plans-set/557060001/?hootPostID=9e99ccde88293f3ac19e2384c831c883
Commercial: There is A LOT going on right now with new construction of businesses as well as remodels of older ones. Here is a list of what you can expect to see in the next few months.
- City View downtown St. George development- 60 room boutique hotel, 100+ apartment units, retail, underground parking. In negotiating process.
- Closet Revival- new location now OPEN at 75 N. Main St. next to Bear Paw. More info available here https://closetrevival.com/
Boulder Creek Crossing: Intersection of River Rd. and 1450 S (by Summit Athletic Club)
- Tag-n-go Car Wash- now OPEN
- Stephen Henager’s College- In permitting process
- Pepper’s Cantina- In permitting process
- 700 Degrees Pizza- In permitting process
- Popeyes Chicken- In permitting process
- First Colony Mortgage office- In permitting process
- Pop Shop Drinks- In permitting process
Not confirmed but in talks:
- Big grocery store (like a Whole Foods)
- Wall Greens/CVS- most likely wall greens but not confirmed
- 2 Insurance groups, financial investment group
- Bike store
- Running center
- Copy center
- Fiiz Drinks- OPEN
- Dominoes- OPEN
- Crimson Pharmacy- OPEN
- Hustle Sports Nutrition- OPEN
Dinosaur Crossing: Intersection of Riverside Dr. and Mall Dr.
- Smith’s Grocery Store- under construction. Estimated finish time is August 2017
- Kneaders, Beans & Brews and Ace Hardware are all confirmed. Construction is under way.
Riverside Dr: (next to the Ence subdivision at the end of Foremaster around the bend)
- Assisted living home- construction is underway
Riverside Dr and Mall Dr intersection:
- Lube center and tunnel car wash- West of the Maverik. Not confirmed who yet, but are in talks.
Riverside Dr. (across from complex where Be Hot Yoga is):
- Riverfront Medical Center- Riverside Dr. behind Cox Landing. Dirt is being moved but no construction yet.
Hospital: the $300 million extension is under construction and will be finished toward the end of this summer, early fall.
Tech Ridge (old airport hill):
- Dixie Applied Technology College- under construction.
1450 Hilton Dr:
- Magelby’s- inside the Crystal Inn Hotel. Now OPEN.
St. George Blvd:
- Brent’s Flooring- now OPEN.
- Angelica’s restaurant- 101 E. St. George Blvd. Irmita’s is becoming Angelica’s and they will be moving from the Bluff/Blvd. corner to this location. Hoping to be open this month.
- Café Sabor- 290 E. St. George Blvd (where Wagon Wheel used to be). Currently under construction. Hoping for this month or next to be open, but no date has been determined yet.
South Main Street:
- Dairy Queen- now OPEN.
Sunland Dr and 400 E: (exit 5)
- Neilsen RV dealership- right next to Furniture Row along I-15. 22,000 sq. ft. facility, now OPEN.
Bloomington exit 4:
- New Dixie Power building- now OPEN.
- Baskin Robbins- now OPEN.
- Retail shopping center next to Wal Mart in Bloomington. No confirmed tenants at this point, but it is in process.
200 E. 600 S: (1 block south of the temple)
- St. George Family History Center- now OPEN.
1819 S 120 E: (right behind the Convention Center)
- Hyatt Place Hotel- opening mid-August 2017
Harmons fuel station- unfortunately Chef Alfredos restaurant has been taken down but Harmons will be putting in a fuel station in its place.
Exit 2 (Sun River):
- Kenworth Truck Sales Company- Land is purchased for a new 20,000 square ft. sales, parts, and service facility. No start date confirmed.
- Hampton Inn- 5 story, 120 room hotel. Under construction, expected to be open by the end of 2017.
- New Utah Visitor Information Center- no start date confirmed but plan to be finished by the end of 2017.
- Over 3,000 acres will be developed into 10,000 homes, a commercial center, sports facility, and more will be developed over time. Land is purchased, and plans are underway. Here is a link to the article http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2017/04/14/mgk-officials-hear-plans-for-massive-development-at-citys-southern-end/#.WQje_9LyuUl
- New Sakura location. In permitting process.
- Moss & Timber Living Gifts and Home Décor- now OPEN. More info available here https://www.mossandtimber.co/contact
Red Rock Commons:
- Shubie Surf- next to The Learning Express. Open now.
- Red Cliffs Plaza- Starbucks, Sleep Number, and AT&T store are all OPEN.
- Taco Bell- on Red Cliffs Dr. down from Stadium 10. In permitting process, but no start date confirmed.
- New 15 acre development where St. George and Redlands RV Parks are currently along 1-15.
- Large hotel along with a bunch of businesses surrounding it behind the Chevron in front of Green Springs. In permitting process, but no start date confirmed.
- 4 Seasons Auto Sales- Red Cliffs Parkway across the freeway from the mall. OPEN.
- RAM Company broke ground on an $11 million dollar expansion for their facility that will add 75,000 square feet. They were recruited by other cities to move their location but declined to stay here. Big news for the growth of Southern Utah. Here is the link http://stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2017/06/06/jla-ram-company-builds-for-spacex-breaks-ground-on-11-million-expansion/#.WThUqGjyuUl
- Pine View 10 Plaza- a new retail building with 2 spaces. T-Mobile and Brent’s Pharmacy confirmed.
- Large hotel right off the exit. In permitting process, but no start date confirmed.
- Black Bear Diner. Approved for construction, no completion date confirmed.
- Autumn Assisted Living- 548 N 1100 E. Under construction.
3284 Deseret Dr:
- Official Strength and Athletics new location now OPEN- personal and athletic training for kids/adults of all ages. Located the industrial area south of Costco. More info here www.officialstrength.com
- Little Caesars- part of the new Harmon’s in Santa Clara. In permitting process.
- Café Rio- part of the new Harmon’s in Santa Clara. In permitting process.
- The Difiore Center for Arts and Education. Under construction.
- Sentierre Resort- http://www.sentierreresorts.com/index.php
- Rocky Vista University College of Osteophathic Medicine- now OPEN.
- Harts Gas Station- near Entrada. In permitting process.
- Wingate Hotel- under construction, no confirmed completion date.
- Copper Rock Golf Course in Hurricane- on schedule to finish by April 2017
101 E 500 N:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites- now OPEN.
- Burger King 1185 S. Main St.- finished
- Burger King 975 W. Red Cliffs Dr.- finished
- Wendy’s 1838 W. Sunset Blvd.- finished
- Pizza Hut 932 S. Bluff St.- finished
- Taco Time- 1821 Brigham Rd.- currently under construction
- Gray Hawk Apartment Complex- 240 units in Washington Fields by the new Smith’s. In the permitting process.
- Fossil Hills Townhome Community- townhome complex underway on South River Road just over the bridge from the Knolls/Little Valley next to the Dixie Power station. Plat is recorded and construction is underway.
Available Commercial Space:
- 321 W. Tabernacle St.: 1,500 sq ft undeveloped office space. In the same building as Precision Hearing.
With 1250 construction permits pulled so far on the year, there are new subdivisions being developed every month. Here is what was recorded in the month of August, including commercial developments.
New subdivisions recorded in August (residential and commercial):
- Mesa Views at Trail Ridge Estates Ph 1
- Sequoia Estates Ph 1
- Sun River St George Ph 42 & 54
- Cross Roads at Stucki Farms Ph 1
- Dinosaur Professional Park
- Zion’s Gate Estates Ph 2
- Sugar Plum in the Fields Ph 3
- Steeplechase at Washington Fields Ph 3
- Freedom Village @ The Fields
- Reina Final Plat
- Aspen Estates Ph 6
- Desert Crest Ph 5
Amended subdivisions recorded in August (residential and commercial):
- Highland Park Area 4 Ph 1 Subdivision 2nd AMD
Coins for Kids is a great opportunity to help families in need here in Southern Utah. To learn more about upcoming events or how you can donate, visit: http://www.coinsforkids.net/DonateOnline.aspx
- Hurricane City Peach Days- September 1st-2nd from 5-10 PM at the Hurricane Community Center
- Precision Hearing Monday Movie Matinee: Electric Theater every Monday at 1:00 PM. FREE! More info available here https://www.facebook.com/PrecisionHearingMatinee/
- GeorgeFest Street Festival- Sept 1st at 8:00 PM downtown Main Street
- Shrek the Musical, Mamma Mia, and Newsies playing at Tuacahn throughout the month. More info available here https://www.tuacahn.org/online/
- Downtown Farmers Market: Ancestor Square every Saturday from 8-12. More info available here http://www.farmersmarketdowntown.com/
- Tuacahn Saturday Market: every Saturday from 9-1. More info available here https://www.tuacahn.org/online/default.asp?doWork::WScontent::loadArticle=Load&BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::article_id=5FF2B477-CE0C-4B62-B0A7-076BD7273A8D&brandingName=TCA
- Sand Hollow Resort events: Live music and entertainment every Friday and Saturday night. More info available here http://www.thedesertpulse.com/sand-hollow-resort-announces-partnership-with-the-desert-pulse-to-present-live-music-and-entertainment/
- “The View” at the St. George Art Museum- open every day except Sunday 10-5 PM
- Mining in Silver Reef Smithsonian Exhibition- Sept 2 10 AM-12 PM. More info available here http://southernutaharts.org/galleries/performing-art/
- H.A.M. It Up Against Hunger 5k Race- Crosby Family Confluence Park 1953 S. Convention Center Dr. on Sept. 9th 7-11 AM. Contact Karen Roundy for more info firstname.lastname@example.org
- Concert in the Park Sept 11th 7:30-8:30 at Vernon Worthen Park
ABOUT EAGLE GATE TITLE
We strive to protect your investment by keeping up on the latest technology and trends, retaining a knowledge of the real estate laws and codes, and by making sure all of our title and closing officers are properly licensed and trained.
Copyright © 2017 Eagle Gate Title Insurance Agency, Inc, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
229 East St. George Blvd #200
St. George, UT 84770