Summer is upon us and the things keep moving along. Make sure you get out and enjoy the beautiful weather! Below is an updated list of what is happening around town, and remember I am never too busy for your referrals.
Marketing & Business Development
C: (435) 668-7293
- Retail shopping center next to WalMart in Bloomington. No confirmed tenants at this point, but it is in process.
- Last month an article was published about the development plans the city has for the southern corridor, off exit 2. Over 3,000 acres will be developed into 10,000 homes, a commercial center, sports facility, and more. It isn’t something that will be done soon, but will be HUGE for the growth and development of St. George as a regional destination. Below is the link to the article. http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2017/04/14/mgk-officials-hear-plans-for-massive-development-at-citys-southern-end/#.WQje_9LyuUl
Commercial: There is A LOT going on right now with new construction of businesses as well as remodels of older ones. Here is a list of what you can expect to see in the next few months.
- City View downtown St. George development- 60 room boutique hotel, 100+ apartment units, retail, underground parking. In negotiating process.
Builder Creek Crossing: Intersection of River Rd. and 1450 S (by Summit Athletic Club)
- Tag-n-go Car Wash- now OPEN
- Stephen Henager’s College- In permitting process
- Pepper’s Cantina- In permitting process
- 700 Degrees Pizza- In permitting process
- Popeyes Chicken- In permitting process
- First Colony Mortgage office- In permitting process
Not confirmed but in talks:
- Big grocery store (like a Whole Foods)
- Wall Greens/CVS- most likely wall greens but not confirmed
- 2 Insurance groups, financial investment group
- Bike store
- Running center
- Copy center
River Rd. and 2330 S:
- Commercial 6 plex finished. Fiiz Drinks and Dominoes are open, Crimson Pharmacy and Hustle Nutrition under construction now.
Dinosaur Crossing: Intersection of Riverside Dr. and Mall Dr.
- Smith’s Grocery Store- under construction. Estimated finish time is March 2017
Riverside Dr: (next to the Ence subdivision at the end of Foremaster around the bend)
- Assisted living home- moving dirt, starting construction soon
Riverside Dr and Mall Dr intersection:
- Lube center and tunnel car wash- West of the Maverik. Not confirmed who yet, but are in talks.
Hospital: the $300 million extension is under construction and will be finished toward the end of this summer, early fall.
Tech Ridge (old airport hill):
- Dixie Applied Technology College- under construction.
1450 Hilton Dr:
- Magelby’s- inside the Crystal Inn Hotel. Now OPEN.
312 W. St. George Blvd:
- Brent’s Flooring- now OPEN.
South Main Street:
- Dairy Queen- now OPEN.
Sunland Dr and 400 E: (exit 5)
- Neilsen RV dealership- right next to Furniture Row along I-15. 22,000 sq. ft. facility, now OPEN.
Bloomington exit 4:
- New Dixie Power building- under construction, no completion date confirmed.
- Baskin Robbins- under construction.
200 E. 600 S: (1 block south of the temple)
- St. George Family History Center- Under construction, no completion time confirmed.
1819 S 120 E: (right behind the Convention Center)
- Hyatt Place Hotel- next to the Holiday Inn. Permit pulled 9/8, under construction. No completion time confirmed.
Exit 2 (Sun River):
- Kenworth Truck Sales Company- Land is purchased for a new 20,000 square ft. sales, parts, and service facility. No start date confirmed.
- Hampton Inn- 5 story, 120 room hotel. Under construction, expected to be open by the end of 2017.
- New Utah Visitor Information Center- no start date confirmed but plan to be finished by the end of 2017.
- New Sakura location. In permitting process.
Red Rock Commons:
- Shubie Surf- next to The Learning Express. Open now.
- Red Cliffs Plaza- 4-tenant building on the intersection of Red Cliffs/Green springs Dr. across from In N Out. Starbucks and a Sleep Number mattress store are confirmed, the third and fourth are not.
- Taco Bell- on Red Cliffs Dr. down from Stadium 10. In permitting process, but no start date confirmed.
- New 15 acre development where St. George and Redlands RV Parks are currently along 1-15.
- Large hotel behind the Chevron in front of Green Springs. In permitting process, but no start date confirmed.
- 4 Seasons Auto Sales- Red Cliffs Parkway across the freeway from the mall
- Large hotel right off the exit. In permitting process, but no start date confirmed.
- Black Bear Diner. Under construction, no completion time confirmed.
- Autumn Assisted Living- 548 N 1100 E. Under construction.
- Little Caesars- part of the new Harmon’s in Santa Clara. In permitting process.
- Café Rio- part of the new Harmon’s in Santa Clara. In permitting process.
- The Difiore Center for Arts and Education. Under construction.
- Sentierre Resort- http://www.sentierreresorts.com/index.php
- Rocky Vista University College of Osteophathic Medicine- under construction and expected to open and be accepting students by August 2017.
- Harts Gas Station- near Entrada. In permitting process.
- Wingate Hotel- under construction, no confirmed completion date.
- Copper Rock Golf Course in Hurricane- on schedule to finish by April 2017
101 E 500 N:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites- almost completed, but no confirmed completion date.
- Burger King 1185 S. Main St.- finished
- Burger King 975 W. Red Cliffs Dr.- finished
- Wendy’s 1838 W. Sunset Blvd.- finished
- Pizza Hut 932 S. Bluff St.- finished
- Taco Time- 1821 Brigham Rd.- currently under construction
- Gray Hawk Apartment Complex- 240 units in Washington Fields by the new Smith’s. In the permitting process.
- Fossil Hills Townhome Community- townhome complex underway on South River Road just over the bridge from the Knolls/Little Valley next to the Dixie Power station. Moving dirt now.
Residential: With 551 permits pulled so far on the year, there are new subdivisions being developed every month. Here is what was recorded in the month of April.
New residential subdivisions recorded in October:
- Arbors Phase 1 & 3 Subdivision
- Paradise Village at Zion Phase 6
- Sun River St. George Phase 57
- Riverside Cliffs Subdivision Phase 4
- Red Cliffs Park East Phase 3
- Bedford Subdivision
- Terraces at Green Spring Phase 2 & 3
- Worthington Subdivision
- Pioneer Crossing Phase 4
- Taviawk Subdivision Phase 9-Q
- Blackhawk Townhomes 2
- Hidden Valley Phase 9
Amended subdivisions recorded in October:
- Last Sun at Green Springs Phase 2 AMD & EXT
- Buena Vista Phase 4 AMD
- Georgefest: April 7th- starts at 6:00 PM on Main St. More info available here https://www.visitstgeorge.com/calendar/2017/02/03/13354/
- Downtown Farmers Market at Ancestor Square- May 20th and 27th 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM. More info available here http://www.farmersmarketdowntown.com/
- Spring Home & Garden Expo- May 5th 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM at the Dixie Center. More info available here http://springhomeandgarden.com/
- Brian Regan comedy show- May 6th 8:00 to 10:00 PM at Tuacahn. More info available here http://https//www.tuacahn.org/
- Tuacahn Saturday Market- May 6th 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM at Tuacahn. More info available here https://www.tuacahn.org/online/default.asp?doWork::WScontent::loadArticle=Load&BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::article_id=5FF2B477-CE0C-4B62-B0A7-076BD7273A8D&brandingName=TCA
- Ironman 70.3 St. George- May 6th All Day. More info available here http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/americas/ironman-70.3/st.-george.aspx#/axzz4W2qg6Z39
- Dino Tuesday’s Summer Fun- May 30th 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM at the Dinosaur Discovery Site Museum. More info available here http://www.utahdinosaurs.com/
ABOUT EAGLE GATE TITLE
We strive to protect your investment by keeping up on the latest technology and trends, retaining a knowledge of the real estate laws and codes, and by making sure all of our title and closing officers are properly licensed and trained.
Copyright © 2017 Eagle Gate Title Insurance Agency, Inc, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
229 East St. George Blvd #200
St. George, UT 84770